Madeline Martin Interview

 

Megan Jones 

Madeline Martin 

Interview 

"The Last Book Shop in London"

Monday, November 7th, 2022

Phone Call

8:45 AM-9:24 AM 


1. Why did  you want to be a writer?

"I've always been a reader, I grew up in Germany as a girl, I had a box of books to generate ideas."

2. Who inspired you to be a writer?

"No particular 


  author, I first started writing Scottish Historical Romance, 27 or 28 titles, but I switched to Historical Fiction."


Last Book Shop in London Questions 

3. The 3 scenes that stayed with me are

1. The main character goes home after work in a blackout. 

An accident happens.


3. A  side character is involved  in something bad.

"I did a lot of research  on first hand accounts of the Blitz, and People were given dairies to write about their experiences." "When I write my book I live as that character. "


4. What research and how much did you do for this novel?

"I did 10 months of research about life during the blitz." "I also researched the Political, social, and historical and the psyche  mindset of the people." 

5. This novel is about the theme of books and reading shape, and connect us,

Why is that an important message? 

"It was about the community built around books."

"The community shared the love of books and the readers." 

In times of strife we turn to books."


6. What is your next release?

"The Keeper of the Hidden Books."

August 1, 2023 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colleen Coble Interview

Matthew and John Contrasting: The Crucifixion Burial, and Resurrection of Jesus"

"Freedom Lessons"