Colleen Coble Interview

 Megan Jones 

February 13th, 2023 

Colleen Coble Interview 


1.  Why did you want to write suspense?

"I appreciate it when all the secrets of the past come back to haunt characters. I love the puzzle of a murder mystery and the trill of a heroine in danger. Annie is more than capable of becoming the ultimate overcoming heroine."


2. What inspired to want to write?

"My writing process always starts with setting- weird I know. But I've found researching the setting springboards me to plot points and character details. I knew I wanted to set the series in Michigan's Upper Peninsula My readers are passionate about the Rock Harbor series so I wanted to have,  Annie  a part of that community. And I always like my main character to have an unusual profession. In researching I ran across law enforcement rangers or LEOs as they are called. The profession resonated with me because I could have a lot of wilderness scenes and interesting  situations."


3. A lot of your characters are not perfect, and are broken, at first, why portray that in a Christian theme book?

"I wanted a broken heroine- poor Annie had more than her fair share of trauma. Her little sister, Sarah was kidnapped in front of her when Annie was nine and her sister was 5. Sarah never was found. The man she loved broke her heart and choose his career over her, and when she married his best friend, her happiness was snatched away by Lake Superior's icy depths when he and her parents died in a boating accident. I like writing about heroines who overcame- And Annie had a huge miu ntain to climb."


4. I like Annie's character, how do you come up with her?


"I love Annie Pedersen. She's been simmering in my subconscious for a long time, since 2006, Tropes are popular with readers and I wanted to use the secret baby troupe." Let me explain. It's a literary  device  that's so commonly used that readers are drawn to it. Common tropes are friend to lover., love triangle  forbidden love, second chance, arranged marriage, fake relationship and secret baby."


5. Your writing has such a mysterious and edge of your seat voice, I really like it. Why write that way?

"She's a bigger than life heroine who was so much fun to write. I'm so glad you liked her. She's not facing only huge secrets from the past but danger comes calling as well, and that danger threatens her daughter as well. Her past trauma has made her strong, and she needs every bit of that strength and courage." 

Comments

  1. Thanks so much for the interview! I love this series! And I love Annie as a character. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Matthew and John Contrasting: The Crucifixion Burial, and Resurrection of Jesus"

"Freedom Lessons"