Crossway Depression, Anxiety, and The Christian Life





This ebook is a clinical view of Depression, Anxiety, and The Christian Life.  I am a Christian and I suffer from Anxiety. I am on prescribed medication for it.  When Christians find out other Christians suffer or or dealing with anxiety they are quick to judge. Pointing out that why would you be anxious? Maybe you should pray more and read your Bible.  They dismiss it. They try to make it seem smaller than it really is. Being flawed to some Christians is a sin.  They have the image of what a Christian should be acting like, perfect. People are not perfect. Christians are people too. The standards some set in the church is never going to be reachable. Jesus is perfect, he is divine. Humans are flawed.  We will always be. Being a Christian and someone who suffers from anxiety It is  does not make me less of a Christian than standing in a garage makes me car. "Look at me"! I am car. It is not fair to make someone who suffers from a medical condition  who is getting help from a medical doctor feel shame. The church should open their eyes and see that people in their church are suffering from anxiety This why this ebook is a good resource It opens up a good and honest  conversation to have about a real medical condition.

I received  a complimentary copy of this ebook from the publisher through the Crossway Book Review Program, which requires a honest though not necessarily positive review. The opinions  I have expressed are mine. I am disclosing this in accordance with the FTC CFR Title 16, Part 255, "Guides Concerning the use of Endorsements and Testimonials  in Advertising."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colleen Coble Interview

Matthew and John Contrasting: The Crucifixion Burial, and Resurrection of Jesus"

"Freedom Lessons"