I know what it's like

I know what it's like to not measure up to the standards society sets

I know what it's like to lose a furry baby and be buried underneath a mound of grief  I know what it's like to struggle to make the ends meet far enough to survive from one day to the next  I know what it's like to put off homework and at the last minute work on it until very late I what it's to want more and have less I know what it's like to have a lot on my plate and feel like I will never get done I know what it's like to be at a crossroads and wonder which way to go I know what it's like to be so afraid of something that you stay up all night I know what it's like to know there is a line between the rich and the poor and the unspoken and not cross sign I know what it's like to all of the memories of your life in a box and keep it hidden away just in case I know what it's like to worry and be a little overboard I know what it's like to know I am blessed and I am thankful I am not a diva and I am not stuffy I know what it's like to be and feel rejected I know what it's like to have a one track mind I know what it's like to fear the thing people think is silly I know what it's like to not trust and I know what it's like to let a person go in your life that shouldn't be there  I know what it's like to know I am blessed and I am good  I know what it's like to take a risk even if it breaks your heart I know what it's like to slow down and savor life.  I know what it's like to want to make a difference and hopefully do so I know what it's like to have a million ideas in your head but no pen or paper to write them down I know what it's like to hurry and ever stop to be thankful for what is now I know what it's like to see the dream come alive I know what it's like.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colleen Coble Interview

Matthew and John Contrasting: The Crucifixion Burial, and Resurrection of Jesus"

Dark of Night